Make easy, healthy baked tortilla chips in under 10 minutes! Perfect for game day!
Happy New Year, peeps! Have you been all in with your fitness and nutrition since New Year’s day like good little boys and girls? Or maybe started on week 2 (like me)? Don’t look at me like that. I know, #noexcuses and #newyearnewyou and all of those amazing motivational hashtags. But, ya know, my kids were still home from school and stuff. #excuses
Anyway, I really wanted my first post of the year to be particularly helpful to the 21 Day Fix and healthy eating newbies out there, so I thought I’d post one of my very favorite basics of all time, baked tortilla chips. Sigh. These are so damn easy, delicious and quick! I love that you can season them up however you like, plus I’ve got some great ideas below on what tasty bites you can dip ’em in! You know as well as I, that there’s just nothing better than having warm, crispy tortilla chips for dipping. You really can’t beat it AND it’s football season, people and all of the recipes in this post are perfectly healthy and lick-the-bowl-clean game day eats.
But don’t do that if you’re sharing, ya filthy animal.
- 6" Corn Tortillas (2 per serving)
- Olive oil or Coconut Oil cooking spray
- Other optional seasonings: garlic powder, chili powder, smoky southwestern seasoning, lime juice, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay out however many tortillas you want to use (2 corn tortillas is 1 yellow on the 21 Day Fix, just fyi) on a baking sheet. Spray the first side lightly with cooking spray, lightly season however you like, I usually either just use salt, salt with garlic powder, or some smoky southwestern seasoning, but the options here are truly endless. Turn the tortillas over and do the same to the other side. Using kitchen shears (or you could move them to a cutting board and use a knife), cut each tortilla into 6 triangles (so cut in half and then cut each half in thirds). Bake for 4 minutes, flip the chips over and bake for another 4 minutes or until crispy.
21 Day Fix Container Counts per serving: 1 Yellow
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 3
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 12 chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67 Total Fat: 1g
Make easy, healthy baked tortilla chips, then pick one of these delicious dips to dip ’em in!
** Btw, I’m doing an awesome giveaway with NatureBox there on Instagram this week, so head on over to IG and put your hat in the ring!