This easy and delicious Low-Sugar Quick Blueberry Jam requires no pectin and no canning! It’s also low in calories and perfect for the 21 Day Fix or Weight Watchers!
Hey guys! How are all the things?? Pretty good my way. Just getting back into the groove of things after Easter. I must admit, my nutrition hasn’t exactly been on point this week, but it happens. At least I’ve been getting ‘er done where my workouts are concerned and I’m definitely feeling ready to get my food back on track. It’s so tough after a holiday, isn’t it?
Anyway, If you’ve already checked out my brand spankin’ new biscuit recipe, you had to know I’d have you covered with something incredible to spread on it, right? This crazy easy and delicious homemade blueberry jam goes so perfectly on those tender biscuits (which coincidentally would go SO perfectly on a Mother’s day brunch table)!
Ok, let’s get down to business!
How long will this homemade jam last in the refrigerator?
1-2 weeks! You may see other homemade jam recipes say up to 4 weeks, but because we’re using less sugar here, it won’t last as long as higher-sugar recipes. Though this amount has never lasted longer than 4-5 days at my house anyway 😉
Is making my own homemade jam better for me than store-bought?
Uh, yeah buddy! To give you some context, here are the differences between Smuckers Blueberry Preserves and this low-sugar quick blueberry jam:
- 3 Tbs of Smuckers Blueberry Preserves: 150 calories, 36 grams of sugar
- 3 Tbs of this jam – 60 calories, 12 grams of sugar
Pretty big diff, right?! I couldn’t believe it when I found out that 3 Tbs of Smuckers would cost me 150 calories. That’s crazy pants. Do you know the amount of deliciousness you can consume for 150 calories? I’m talking watermelon margaritas, homemade tortilla chips with salsa verde, coconut curry butternut squash soup and even PUMPKIN-COCONUT CRÈME BRÛLÉE, people!
And considering that this loveliness uses only 3 (3!!!) ingredients and is just SO damn easy, you should probably get to it already!
What can I do with this Low-Sugar Quick Blueberry Jam?
Ah! So many ideas!!
- spread some on deez super easy biscuits, or toast, or any fab whole grain bread product that you love
- stir some into oatmeal like in these blueberry-pistachio overnight oats
- top a bowl of ricotta (with some lemon zest if ya got it!) with it and eat it for dessert – SO GOOD.
- you can even muddle it into a cocktail! I’ve been dreaming of a blueberry jam margarita or a blueberry jam mojito! Ummmm… I really need to start working on those.
- it would make a great sundae sauce over some 1-ingredient banana ice cream, too!
- and don’t forget PB & J’s! (but maybe not quite this much PB?! ↓ I got excited…)
If you guys have other genius ideas for this jam I’d love to hear them in the comments! Hope you love it!!
If you make this healthy low-sugar quick blueberry jam recipe be sure to snap a pic and tag me @thefoodieandthefix or use #thefoodieandthefix on Instagram so I can check it out! It makes me ridiculously happy to see what you guys are making 🙂
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbs raw sugar, maple syrup or honey (or 4 Tbs if you find you prefer it sweeter, 3 was perfect for us!)
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a medium pot, cooking on medium-low heat and stirring occasionally until it reaches jam consistency, about 30 minutes!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 1/2 Purple, 1 sweetener tsp (1 1/2 sweetener tsp if you used 4 Tbs of raw sugar in the recipe)
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 1
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 3 Tbs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 0gSugar: 12g