These 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Maple Mustard Chicken and potatoes make a delicious and healthy weeknight dinner! This easy meal is also gluten-free, dairy-free, and includes Weight Watchers Freestyle points!
Hey guys! How are all the things? I know you’re all dreaming of spring (and summer!) like I am. Tulips blooming, blue skies, farmer’s markets, fresh cut grass, and here on the Cape, long summer drives and beach days in the sun. I’m in for all of it. And now that we finally got a little bit of snow and had all the snowy fun, I’m officially done with winter and I’m just so ready for spring.
Which is exactly why I’ve been testing all of the springy/summery things in my kitchen lately! And even though I’m super pumped to get them out to you, I do still have a few things that I want to share while the weather’s still a bit chilly – starting with this delish Instant Pot Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes dish. 😉
You guys. These flavors were made for each other. I know you’re used to thinking of honey as mustard’s one and only, but nay! Mustard likes a little maple syrup on the side. I don’t judge. I can’t, my mouth is full.
Can this Instant Pot Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes be made in a Slow Cooker?
Yes! Here’s the link to the Slow-Cooker instructions. That’s the OG Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes! The only thing different about the Slow Cooker recipe (aside from the method), is that it calls for chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs.
Are Chicken thighs 21 Day Fix approved?
While they aren’t technically on the list, I did a little research (if you’re curious, you can read about that in this post) and found that stats-wise, chicken thighs fit in the 21 Day Fix eating plan just as well as chicken breasts. I just make sure to trim mine really well before cooking. They’re freaking amazing in the Instant Pot, like in my friend Nancylynn’s Instant Pot Chicken Marsala, this Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala or this Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice with Chicken. Seriously amazing, DO NOT miss out on this chicken thigh goodness, you guys.
For those of you who’ve already been making the Slow Cooker version of this dish, you’re really going to love it in the Instant Pot! It’s quick, easy and so, so convenient. It’s definitely one of my fave healthy weeknight dinners. Oh, and did I mention that it only has 5 Ingredients*?? Ya got that right. Here’s how it’s done.
How to make Instant Pot Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes:
Put your pretty potatoes in the Instant Pot.
Add in your maple, mustard & broth mixture.
Stir to coat. Well hello lovely.
Layer your chicken thighs on top of the potatoes and then spread the remaining maple-mustard mixture over the chicken.
Until it looks like this:
Pressure cook for 8 minutes and then quick release. I know. It doesn’t look that pretty yet, but once it gets drizzled with that glorious sauce, you won’t be able to see straight anyway so who cares!
Can you believe this gorgeousness is healthy?! ↓
So easy, right? My kiddos love this one too! Especially the chicken, though they don’t usually partake in the extra sauce because kids. 😉 I hope you guys love this one as much as my family does!
*If you’re looking for more Instant Pot recipes with just a few ingredients, click here!
Save this easy Instant Pot Maple Mustard Chicken to Pinterest! ↓
If you make this healthy Instant Pot Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes recipe be sure to snap a pic and tag me @thefoodieandthefix or use #thefoodieandthefix on Instagram so I can check it out! It makes me ridiculously happy to see what you guys are making 🙂
*Instant Pot Note!: This recipe has only been tested in the Instant Pot 6 quart duo – If you have an 8 qt, you may need to add more liquid. Haven’t gotten your Instant Pot yet? Get yours here!: Instant Pot 6 qt Duo (affiliate link)
- 2/3 cup spicy brown mustard, DIVIDED (I like to use my store's generic brand because it's less spicy than the name brands!)
- 3 Tbs + 1 tsp pure maple syrup, DIVIDED
- 3 Tbs low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/8th tsp salt
- 1 lb yellow potatoes, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, well trimmed
- additional salt and pepper for seasoning chicken
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup mustard and 2 tsp maple syrup. Put 3 Tbs (about half) of this mixture into another bowl. To this bowl, mix in the 3 Tbs broth or water and 1/8th tsp salt.
- To your Instant Pot, add the chopped potatoes and the maple-mustard-broth mixture, mix to coat the potatoes.
- Lightly season your trimmed chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Layer the chicken on top of the potatoes. Remember that bowl of mustard and maple syrup (the one that you didn't add the broth to)? Spread it on top of all of the chicken. Put your lid on and pressure cook on manual for 8 minutes. when it's finished, you can quick release the pressure.
- For the sauce: Mix together the remaining 1/3 cup of the mustard and the remaining 2 Tbs + 2 tsp maple syrup. I like to warm this up in the microwave for a few seconds just before serving.
Instant Pot Note!: This recipe has only been tested in the Instant Pot 6 quart duo – If you have an 8 qt, you may need to add more liquid.
There will be some extra liquid in the bottom of the pot with the potatoes, I just use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes, nbd.
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 2 sweetener tsp
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 8
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 3/4 cup of the chicken, 1/2 cup of the potatoes, and 1 1/2 Tbs of sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 6g