These 2-ingredient Peach Bellinis are so easy and quick (and 21 Day Fix approved!!) that you'll wonder why you haven't been making them all along!
Ok, so really this is hardly a recipe, but it's SOOO good that I had to share. Really though, aren't we always looking for easy (and delicious) anyway? Bellinis are fruity, effervescent and just plain wonderful. You may have had one at a restaurant before (Olive Garden has them on their drink menu and they're actually really good there!) but never really thought about making them at home, I know I didn't. Also, a little side note: often the fruit puree that restaurants use has added sugar and who needs that? These babies are two ingredients thrown into a blender... and that's it. Easy. Refreshing. Deserved. Because...
It's back to school season!! Is it wrong to feel that this is a time for celebration? Maybe. But if it is, I don't want to be right! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending the summer with my daughters, doing fun things together and watching the joy on their little faces as we do them. However, as the beginning of the school year approaches, there are certain things that I begin to look forward to...
- A quiet house. There have been very few times since our four-year old was born that I have been alone in our home. It's kind of awesome.
- Cleaning. Is it weird that I look forward to cleaning just because no one will be behind me undoing everything? Don't answer that.
- My very hungry children not asking to be fed every half an hour (if I'm lucky... sometimes we're looking at more like 15 minutes).
- Did I mention the beautiful silence?
- Getting a reprieve from the normal sibling bickering that can often be heard at our house. There's something about having the girls separated for a decent length of time every day that just makes the rest of their interactions so much... friendlier. They just don't have the kind of time on their hands that it takes to come up with new and interesting ways to harass each other.
- Getting back on a set schedule. Summer is a nice break from the alarm clock, but strange as it is, I miss the routine.
Ok, so that's quite a list. But truth be told, in a few months I'll probably be lamenting the fact that school being in session doesn't leave us as much time for all of the fun things we want to do... what can I say? The grass is always greener 🙂
So for the parents out there, this is the perfect time to celebrate your little ones (and big ones!) learning, hopefully opening their minds to new thoughts and ideas and to celebrate you, because you SO deserve it! Hey, you made it through the summer, didn't you?! So when you put your kiddos on the bus this year, why not give yourself a moment to enjoy it? It's ok. Have a bellini with your breakfast then lay on the floor and bask in the glorious silence. I promise I won't judge you if you won't judge me 😉
For all of the non-parents out there, I just want to say that you deserve it too! You're here (I'm assuming) because you're trying to lead a healthier lifestyle and that isn't always easy! Celebrate! You're WINNING!! Plus, we all deserve a treat every now and then, otherwise what's the point?!
- ½ cup frozen peaches
- ½ cup Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante or your favorite champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Put ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth. If it tastes like it needs a little added sweetness (sometimes the peaches aren't ripe) then add the honey.
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents: ½ Purple, 1 Yellow treat swap, 1 sweetener teaspoon (if you added the honey)
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 5 with the honey; 4 without
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: entire recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 0g