The perfect gifts for the active kid in your life!
Disclaimer: the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something after clicking on them, that i get a small commission at no additional cost to you. I promise to only link to items that I believe to be of value to you and that I believe in myself. Thank you so much for supporting The Foodie and The Fix!
Hey guys! I was recently working on my Christmas list for the girls and I was trying to think of some things that they would like that:
- Wouldn’t end up as a room decoration – I’m looking at you, baby doll high chair…
- Would get them moving! Especially during the winter, it can be hard to find things to do when the weather is frightful…
- Wouldn’t break the bank.
During my search, it occurred to me that maybe I had some like-minded readers that I could help a little in this department! I hope so 🙂 And just in time for Black Friday and Cyber Monday!
Before we jump to the list, I just wanted to let you guys in on a not-so-secret secret. Ebates.com. If you’re shopping online and not going to Ebates.com first, you’re flat-out leaving money on the table. We’ve gotten so much money back (In fact, I just checked and we’ve gotten a total of $231.11!) from them just from Christmas shopping that we would have done anyway! They send you a check, so no messing around with points or anything like that, just cold. hard. cash.
Ok, to the list!
Prices subject to change.
- 1. Just Dance Disney Party 2 for Wii $8.79 – My kids LOVE dance games like this, and this newest Disney version has some songs from Disney’s Descendants, which my girls are currently obsessed with.
2. Hyper Toss Action Game $16.99 – “Put your skills to the test with this ultimate toy for fast, fun, Interactive play that really gets you moving. Kids will love trying to beat their scores by catching the soft ball quickly in one of the three colored cups – all by following audio instructions.” – Sounds like fun to me!
3. Treasure Hunt Game $29.94 – What kid doesn’t like playing pirates? This award-winning game is great for all ages. You can play in groups too, so it’s great for parties. A fun, easy way to play treasure hunt with your kiddos. I know the girls are going to love this one!
4. Alex Toys Active Play Monkey Balance Board $10.39 – This one is geared toward the younger set and I know my 5 year old would love it. I can definitely see her using her imagination to turn this into all sorts of things… a spaceship, a rock floating on hot lava, etc..
5. The Bubble Thing including the “How to Make Monstrous, Huge, Unbelievably Big Bubbles Handbook” $19.39 – Everything you need to make awesome, enormous bubbles!
6. Yosoo Ready Go Air Light Up Hovering Soccer Ball $13.99 – This is like the air-hockey version of soccer. How fun does that sound?!
7. X-Shot Bunch of Balloons $7.59 – The easy way to make water balloons… makes 35 water balloons at once!
8. SpyX Micro Gear Set $29.99 – I don’t know about your kids, but my kids looove playing spies and I love watching them run all over the place doing it! This set has everything your kiddo needs to play spy!
9. Kid’s Rainbow Kite $12.90 – Do your kids like flying kites as much as mine do? This huge rainbow kite is made for kids and made for easy flying (even without a ton of wind)!
10. Sainsmart Jr. Kid’s Bug Catcher $16.99 – My girls have something like this (though honestly, this one looks a little nicer) and I love watching them scurrying through the yard looking for bugs or other things that they can magnify to get a better look at. Not only does it get them moving, but it gets them asking questions and learning about nature! Love it!
11. Kidoozie Foam Pogo Jumper $14.95 – This looks like a ton of jumping fun… no room for a trampoline – no problem! Your kiddo can bounce around on this jumper inside or outside and since it has a 250 lb capacity, it’s great for all ages.
12. GoSports Premium Wooden Ring Toss Game $25.99 – This would make such a great family game! I love finding things that we can do outside together (of course this would be great indoors, too)!
13. Tangle Sport Matrix Nightball Football $18.95 – Ever play flashlight tag when you were a kid? It was the best, right? Kids love to play in the dark. This light-up football (it lights when you throw it!) is such a fun way to do that! There’s also a light up soccer ball and softball through this link!
14. Dazzler Ribbon $8.05 – One of my girls used to have one of these dancing ribbons (the kind they use in gymnastics) and she loved it SOOO much. In fact, she kind of loved it to death. I think it’s definitely time to get a new one this year!
15. Discovery Kids Spaceship Laser Tag (2 Player) $19.99 – I don’t think this really needs an explanation… because LASER TAG!!
16. Kid’s Gardening Tool Set $15.32 – Gardening is such a great family activity, but it works out a lot better when kids have kid-sized real tools to use. Each of my girls have the rake from this set, and it definitely made gardening a lot more fun for them (that and the worms of course 😉 ).
17. The Boys Book of Adventure $8.43 – There are so many fun things for your kiddos to get into with this book! Just a little FYI, there’s also a girl’s version, but honestly, if your kids are really down for some adventure, this one is the way to go for boys and girls.
18. Disney’s Frozen Air Tech Glove and Ball Set $14.87 – There’s also a Kristoff/Sven/Olaf version 🙂
19. 12 Ft Play Parachute For Kids $22.95 – Why it never occurred to me that I could get one of these myself is beyond me. Who didn’t like playing with the parachute in gym class? As a non-athletic child, it was basically the only thing in gym that I liked doing 😉
20. Science on a Nature Walk Kit $14.99 – Lots of fun projects for your favorite scientist. I can’t wait to do these with my kiddos!
21. Giant Inflatable Bowling Set $27.99 – Kids love oversized games and I know that this one will be a hit at our house this summer! Indoor/Outdoor 🙂
22. Hand2Mind Scooter with Handles $12.62 – Another fun nostalgic item from gym class!