These Skinny Pineapple Chipotle Margaritas are a super easy and fun cocktail that you can have while you’re doing the 21 Day Fix! The smoky kick from the chipotle is the happiest surprise AND they’re the PERFECT drink to make for Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday or literally any other day of the year.
Eeek!! It’s Cinco de Mayo, you guys!!!! Time to drink all the margs and eat all of the amazing Mexican grub while dancing to Ricky Martin… or something*. Of course I know what you don’t want to be doing. What you definitely do NOT want to be doing is spending 350 calories on a glass of fruity, tequila-y deliciousness, when you only need to spend 196. Truth.
If you’re doing the math, that’s 154 calories LESS than what you’re going to get at a restaurant and you can bet your bottom dollar it won’t be as bomb as this. Ok, please forgive me, apparently I’m majoring in confidence at the moment, but this is seriously one tasty ‘rita.
Anyway, If you’ve been following along for awhile, you may also remember that this day holds a special place in my heart because it’s the anniversary of the day I started this little blog (or blogaversary if you’re silly like me). ♥ My baby is 3 years old today, can you believe it?! I definitely can not.
With that in mind, I’d like to just take a second to thank you guys. Thanks for reading, trusting me with your meals (and dranks!) and for showing me the love with your amazing comments, messages and reviews. They mean the world to me – every single one lights up my day, you really don’t even know. And a special shout out to the best friends and family a girl could possibly have for supporting me, sharing my recipes and just being the best cheerleaders I could ever ask for. I’m so damn lucky to have all of you! ♥♥♥
Ok, thanks for bearing with me. Without further ado, the Skinny Pineapple Chipotle Margarita.
One quick note: If you can’t take the heat, you can leave out the chipotle puree and just have a ridiculously delicious pineapple margarita – there’s definitely nothing wrong with that! But I really hope you try it, that smoky heat with the sweet-tart pineapple is seriously a match made in foodie heaven!! Need more proof? Click here!
*Oh wait, he’s Puerto Rican. Crap. Ah well, I plan to Live La Vida Loca anyway and that’s that. OMG. I’m never getting that song out of my head now. Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
If you make these 21 Day Fix margaritas be sure to snap a pic and tag me @thefoodieandthefix or use #thefoodieandthefix on Instagram so I can check it out! It makes me ridiculously happy to see what you guys are making 🙂
- 1 can of chipotle in adobo (found in the Mexican aisle of the grocery store)
Skinny Pineapple Chipotle Margarita:
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 Tbs fresh-squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/3 cup blanco tequila** (or 3 oz, it's actually slightly over 1/3 cup)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp chipotle puree (start with 1/8 tsp and if you can take a little more heat, add a bit more! - I make mine with 1/4 tsp if you're wondering, I love how the smokiness really comes through!)
- smoked paprika
- coarse sea salt
Make the chipotle puree:
- Put the entire can of chipotle in adobo (including the sauce) in a small food processor or blender and puree until completely smooth. Once you've used what you need for this recipe, put the rest in a baggie and freeze**.
Make the margarita:
- Put all margarita ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If it's a little thick, just add some water until it's the consistency that you like. Check the spice level, add more chipotle if needed. Divide evenly between two glasses and top with the optional topper if ya like and enjoy!
- So instead of rimming the entire glass with salt (because whoa salt!) I just mixed a little bit of coarse salt with some smoked paprika and then sprinkled a little on top to serve. Delicious!
*If you're gluten free, be sure to get a GF tequila that says "100% agave" and not "mixto"
**The chipotle puree is SO delicious, it's great for stashing away to add to taco meat or chili (like this one!)
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents per serving: 1 Purple, 1 Yellow Drink Swap, 1 sweetener teaspoon
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 5
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: About 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196 Total Fat: 0g