This healthy 5-Ingredient Cherry-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin is enjoyed by kids and grown-ups alike, making it the PERFECT company dish! It’s super easy, 21 Day Fix approved, and if you make it in your Instant Pot, it’s pretty quick, too!
Hey readers! This Healthy 5-Ingredient Cherry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin recipe was originally posted on 6/2/2015 and I’ve just updated it to include quick and easy Instant Pot directions! Enjoy!
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet? Click here to check it out on Amazon! (affiliate link)
When I was thinking about starting the 21 Day Fix, I wanted to be all-in. But I knew that if I was going to make a REAL lifestyle change, it was going to have to be delicious. I needed to crave it. And more than that, I needed my family to love it, because who has time to make separate meals? Better question – who the heck wants to?
So for all of you that are in the same boat as me, here’s a great one that’ll please all of the people in your life (hopefully even the picky ones!) The inspiration for this was from an old favorite of ours from Cooking Light Magazine. Since their version uses store-bought cherry preserves, I needed to switch it up for the Fix and truth be told, I like my fresh-tasting, fixified version way better!
Honestly, this was one of the easiest meals to fixify that I’ve done. I switched out the sugar-laden cherry preserves for unsweetened frozen sweet cherries and slightly changed the cooking method. Period. Oh, and I added basil, because the combo of cherries, balsamic vinegar and basil is basically a match made in food heaven.
This makes a fantastic company dinner as well because you can easily get up to four pork tenderloins in an oven at once (you get about 4 fix servings out of each 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin) and you can make the sauce ahead if you want. Plus, it’s super-simple – did I mention that this ridiculously delicious sauce has four ingredients? FOUR INGREDIENTS!! The savory pork pairs so beautifully with the sweet/slightly tart sauce and the chopped basil… so good!!
Do you have a favorite Fix-approved company dish? Let me know below in the comments!
*Instant Pot Note!: This Healthy 5-Ingredient Cherry-Balsamic Pork has only been tested in the Instant Pot 6 quart duo – If you have an 8 qt, you may need to add more liquid.
Haven’t gotten your Instant Pot yet? Get yours here!: Instant Pot 6 qt Duo (affiliate link)
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed - about 1 1/2 lbs
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- olive oil cooking spray
- 16 oz frozen sweet cherries, unsweetened, thawed or partially thawed (if using the Instant pot method, they can be completely frozen)
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots or onion
- 3 Tbs water (Instant Pot method only)
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Instant Pot Method:
- Press the "saute" button on your IP and let heat until it says "hot".
- Spray the bottom of the pot with cooking spray. Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper. and Sear all sides of the pork in the pot (you can skip the searing if you're short on time). Remove from pot and set aside.
- Spray the inside of your instant pot again with the cooking spray, then add the shallots, cooking for just a minute or two.
- Stir in the frozen cherries and the water, then turn off the saute function.
- Put your trivet on top of the cherry mixture. then on top of that, place either an IP-safe casserole dish or a piece of aluminum foil whose sides are turned up to keep the juices in. Put the pork inside that.
- Set to manual for 5 minutes. When it's finished, let it naturally release for another 5 minutes, then do a quick release. Remove the trivet with the pork, put the pork on a cutting board (covered lightly by a piece of aluminum foil - I just used the same one that was in the IP) and let rest while you finish up the sauce.
- Turn the saute function back and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Then stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- Slice your tenderloin and serve with the cherry-balsamic sauce and your chopped basil!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Season pork on all sides with salt (don't go crazy here) and black pepper. Place both tenderloins on a baking sheet with sides (AKA a Jelly Roll pan) that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cover with foil and roast for about 25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees or the center is just slightly pink. Once done, let rest for about ten minutes and use the foil that covered them before to tent over them to keep them warm while they rest.
- While the pork is roasting, make the cherry sauce: Spray a medium-sized saute pan or pot with olive oil cooking spray and heat to medium heat. Add the shallots to the pan and cook until softened. Add cherries, including any liquid from the bag, into the pan and let them cook for a few minutes. Once cherries are fully thawed (if they weren't already) and softened, give them a good mashing with a wooden spoon or a potato masher - I LOVE my potato masher, I use it for everything!
- Let reduce while stirring occasionally until most of the liquid has evaporated. Once that has happened, stir in the balsamic vinegar, cook for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
- Serve the pork with the Balsamic-Cherry sauce and sprinkle with the chopped basil.
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 1 RED, 1/2 PURPLE, 1/4 GREEN
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 3
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3/4 cup of sliced pork with 1/4 cup cherry sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 3g
Save this Healthy 5-Ingredient Cherry-Balsamic Pork to Pinterest ↓↓