This whimsical dessert takes peanut butter and jelly to one of America’s favorite places, the cheesecake! Make this (HEALTHY!!) cheesecake today and feel like a kid again (a 21 Day Fix, guilt-free kid!)
I’m going to be honest here, folks. I’ve been sitting on this one for a little while. Sorry! It’s a good one, too. So good. Actually, my sister knew about it and has been bugging me to post it for awhile now, but I waited anyway. Sorry, sis! In my defense, I really wanted you guys to have it for Father’s Day, which, fyi, is THIS Sunday! Yes, this Sunday! I know! These things tend to really sneak up on us, don’t they?
The beauty of this recipe is that it is so quick and EASY (seriously, the easiest ever) to prepare that it’s absolutely perfect to whip up Father’s Day weekend when we may not have a ton of time to bake a cake from scratch or whatever it is that you would normally do. Full disclosure: it does need to set. Duh. It is a cheesecake. But, you could bake it in the morning (or the night before) and it’ll be ready for dessert time and let me just tell you, you can have this thing in the oven in under 10 minutes, maybe even 5 if you hustle. 🙂 You’ll have everything ready to go before the oven is even done heating up! Plus, if you’re like me, you probably have all of the ingredients on hand, you CAN NOT beat it.
The ease of this recipe is not the only reason I thought it would be perfect for Father’s Day. Honestly, when considering a dessert to make for my husband, I always consider this: he is the biggest kid I know. Period. Really, it’s why I fell in love with him. I thought it might be the same for some of you! This classic, kid flavor combo is one that he loves and doesn’t it really make us all feel like kids again? It’s just… comforting fantastic-ness.
Since I’ve discovered this brilliant way to make a 21 Day Fix cheesecake from Healthy Feels Happy, I’ve been thinking up a million ways to use that cottage cheese/Greek yogurt mixture (like in my strawberry cheesecake chia seed pudding and my makeover spinach and artichoke dip recipes) so I definitely have more coming your way! This peanut butter cheesecake is absolutely delicious on it’s own if you don’t want to take the time (only like 15 minutes or so) to make the sauce, but I implore you, MAKE THE SAUCE!! It really puts it over the top.
This cheesecake is proof that we can celebrate the people we love most with delicious food that we can feel good about feeding them. This recipe is seriously a winner… cool, creamy, peanut-buttery perfection. Try it soon!! Maybe even this weekend??!
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup 1% or non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbs raw sugar
- 3 tbs whole wheat pastry flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 tsp peanut butter
- 2 cups red grapes, quartered
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease an 8 or 9 inch cake pan or pie dish and set aside.
- Add cottage cheese and yogurt into a blender and blend away until the mixture is completely smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender (EXCEPT for the peanut butter!!) Process until smooth and fully combined.
- Fill a 1/2 cup measuring cup with batter and set aside. Pour the rest of the batter (the stuff that's still in the blender) into the prepared baking dish.
- Put the 1/2 cup of batter back into the blender and add the peanut butter. Buzz it up again until completely smooth.
- Dollop the peanut butter batter onto the plain cheesecake batter and swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the sides start to pull away from the pan and the top looks solid. If you gently shake the pan, you should get very little movement. If everything is sloshing around, stick it back in the oven, checking it every few minutes, until it doesn't.
- Pull out of the oven and let cool completely before refrigerating for several hours or overnight (I always just do mine overnight, so I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to set, but I would think a good 3 or 4 hours would do the trick.) After the cheesecake has set, cut into 8 slices.
To make the grape sauce:
- In a small pot add the quartered grapes and the water, bring to a boil and continue to cook until slightly thickened and the liquid has gotten very sweet. This can take a good 15 minutes or so. At this point, put everything into your blender and (ok, I'm sounding like a broken record here) blend until completely smooth. Should make about 1 cup. Refrigerate until ready to serve. YUM!!!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents: 3/4 RED, 1 TSP, 1/4 PURPLE, 1 TSP SUGAR
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 3
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice of cheesecake with 2 tbs grape sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165 Total Fat: 5g