These pretty Pear, Pecan and Goat Cheese Appetizers are easy, delicious and perfect for the holidays! They’re also 21 Day Fix approved and gluten-free!
Happy Sunday! It’s actually Saturday as I’m writing this and the fam and I just got back from Breakfast with Santa. 🙂 It was today’s Advent calendar activity and SO cute and fun – the girls loved it! The Grinch made an appearance as well, looking extraordinarily creepy, he pretended to steal a present (and quite possibly my ability to sleep tonight).
Did you guys have lots of festive fun this weekend?? Probably after I write this post, we’re going to head out into the snow because it’s freaking gorgeous today!
On that note, please forgive me if today’s post is a little short, mama wants to go sled riding 😉
If you’ve been reading along for a while, you already know that one of my very favorite things about a holiday dinner is the hors d’oeuvres table. Ya know, because I love food and variety and good times. Plus, there are usually cocktails involved. I also love cocktails. And the color green. Are you feeling like you’re really getting to know me today?
In my family, we make a metric crap ton of appetizers and call them our lunch. I highly recommend it. I have to say, aside from my grandma’s brown sugar-glazed mini bacon-wrapped hot dogs (OMG), everything else is relatively healthy. We usually have a fruit tray, shrimp cocktail, Italian stuffed mushrooms, a veggie tray and cheese and crackers, but I’m always thinking about something new and different to bring (because variety, remember?).
These little cuties are freaking DELICIOUS. They’re basically all of my favorite flavors in one bite of awesomeness. You really can’t go wrong when you put together pears, pecans, goat cheese, sage and honey, can you? Exhibit A: this pita pizza (well, it’s similar in flavor anyway, it just uses apples instead of pears).
I love that these can be made ahead, because Christmas time is busy, folks. I’ve made these a couple of days ahead and they were still amazing. Plus they look kind of fancy, right? And how adorable are my mini appetizer plates and forks that I found at the grocery store?? Here they are on Amazon in case you’re interested. (<– affiliate link)
If you have plates like these, you can do what I did and put the honey on the bottom of the plate – if not, you can set up a little honey-ing station like this:
I hope you guys love these as much as we do and try them out at your holiday dinner this year! I’m hoping to get another post out before Christmas, but in case I don’t, Merry Christmas!!
If you make these Pear, Pecan and Goat Cheese Appetizers be sure to snap a pic and tag me @thefoodieandthefix on Instagram so I can check it out! It makes me ridiculously happy to see what you guys are making 🙂
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup 1% plain Greek yogurt (or 2% or nonfat)
- 1 Tbs finely chopped green onion
- salt and pepper
- 10 pecan halves, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup fresh pear (I used a bosc, but any pear you like will do!) peeled, and chopped small
- 2 Tbs finely chopped fresh sage
- 45 pecan halves, finely chopped (about 1 1/4 cup) - I did this with a knife, but you can also use a small food processor
- honey for drizzling, I used about 1/4 tsp per cheeseball
- In a large bowl, use a fork to mix together the goat cheese, yogurt, green onion, a small pinch of salt and as much black pepper as you like.
- Gently stir in 1/4 cup chopped pecans, the chopped pears and the sage until well blended.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out the mini cheeseballs, roll each into a ball and then into the remaining chopped pecans. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve with your favorite whole grain crackers or toasted baguette!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 3 mini cheese balls = 1 Blue - Don't forget to count whatever you put them on!
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 3 mini cheese balls = 6 points
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 3 mini cheeseballs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 12g