These 21 Day Fix overnight oats have all of the delicious flavors of a Hummingbird Cake (but none of the guilt)!
Wouldn't you like to wake up to this? No cooking. No fixing. Just wake up, grab some coffee and your yummy cup of oats, walk outside and soak up the sun? Me too! That's why I was so excited a while back to try out this new, crazy uncooked overnight oats phenomenon. All of the cool kids were doing it and hey, I can be cool too, really I can.
Most recipes at the time were of similar design: greek yogurt, oats, milk of some kind and whatever add-ins you'd like to flavor it all with. It all sounded great to me! And then... I had a spoonful. Aaaand... I kind of hated it. Ugh. I wanted SO BADLY to love this ingenious idea, but something about the tanginess of the yogurt with the oats... for me it was just two things that weren't meant to be together.
I ate it anyway, of course, because it was food, it was in front of me and my name is Stephanie, but it was far from love at first bite. Since then, I've seen several recipes without the yogurt, so this recipe may not exactly be revolutionary, but it IS really yummy 🙂
Speaking of Stephanies... recently my friend Stephanie had posted a picture of a hummingbird cake on her Facebook page and I've been thinking about that cake ever since! I had actually never heard about it at the time and had to give it a goog. Banana, pineapple, pecans and cinnamon?? That flavor combo sounds so amazing I knew it would be perfect for giving the ol' overnight oats a retry!
And I'm officially in love.
If you've also been thinking giving overnight oats a second chance, this recipe is a great place to start. ♥
Don't forget to save this Hummingbird Cake Overnight Oats recipe to Pinterest! ⇓
- ¼ of a banana
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- ⅓ cup rolled oats (be sure to use oats that are labeled gluten free if you're GF!)
- 5 pecan halves, chopped or broken into pieces
- In a bowl, mash the banana. Stir in the almond milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Give it a taste, if you want it a little sweeter, add a little of the raw sugar. Most times I feel like the banana gives it enough sweetness, but that's up to you. Stir in the oats and the pineapple, then pour the mixture into a jar (or any well-sealed container) and refrigerate overnight. Duh. 🙂
- When you're ready to serve, top with your pecans and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon (because it's fun) and enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents: 1 Yellow, ¾ Purple, ½ Blue
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 6
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 jar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 9.5g