This quick and easy Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip uses my delicious Magic Healthy Dip Base to make it creamy and dreamy! Gluten-free, plus 21 Day Fix counts and Weight Watchers points are included!
Hey guys! We're obsessed with making alllll the dips with my new Magic Healthy Dip Base, like this quick and easy and SO yum Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip!
This healthy buffalo chicken dip is everything you want from a buffalo chicken dip - it's cheesy, creamy and dreamy, and packed with delish flavor from some Frank's Red Hot Sauce!
That amazing dip base allows this recipe to be a buffalo chicken dip without cream cheese, and that's pretty freaking magical, friends.
Not only that though, but because it's made with my Magic Healthy Dip Base, you can make this delish dip with it, but you can also make 7 (SEVEN!!) other incredible and tasty dips using it!
Oh! And it just heats up in the microwave, so it really just doesn't get any easier, my friends!!
Let's do some questions and answers and then I'll show just how quick and easy it is to make.
What is buffalo chicken dip?
It's a creamy, cheesy dip meant to taste like buffalo chicken wings!
What makes this Buffalo Chicken Dip healthier than other recipes?
Two things -
First, the use of my protein-packed (and SO delicious!) Magic Healthy Dip Base, which is made primarily from good-for-you cottage cheese and plain greek yogurt.
Second, I don't use a ton of cheese in this recipe - honestly though, this is just as much because I like it better this way than because of any health benefits. I like that with a little less cheese, the dip stays nice and creamy, even when it starts to cool off, and it still tastes delish!
As a side note: if you prefer more cheese and have more of your blue container to use (for 21 Day Fixers) go for it! Personally, I just prefer it this way!
Will this dip taste like cottage cheese?
Nope, not at all! I promise you won't even know it's there. Something truly magical happens with you throw cottage cheese and greek yogurt together in a blender - it just tastes cream cheesy and SO good!! In fact, I even use it to make my Brownie-Bottom Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce - it works so well!
Is the Best Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip gluten-free?
Yes, it is! Just be sure to check your cottage cheese to make sure it says "gluten-free", most of them do!
Is this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip 21 Day Fix approved?
Absolutely - I've included 21 Day Fix container counts and points for all the Weight Watchers plans for this recipe!
Can this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip be frozen?
Yep, it freezes beautifully!
Can it be made ahead?
Yes, I love meal prepping it ahead for my lunches!
What if this 21 Day Fix Buffalo Chicken Dip is too spicy?
You can start with less hot sauce and/or try a different one. For people who want less heat for buffalo-flavored recipes, I highly recommend Cholula hot sauce. To me it has almost the exact same flavor as the Frank's, but has a milder heat level.
Is blue cheese necessary for this recipe?
Absolutely not! I know many of you aren't down with blue cheese and that's perfectly fine! If you decide to skip it, you can always just add a little extra of the Monterey jack (or whatever cheese you prefer).
How to make the chicken for Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Here are a few options for the shredded chicken:
- You can shred a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- You can follow the crockpot instructions that are at the bottom of my How To Prep Chicken for the 21 Day Fix post.
- Or - you can do what I always do (and I swear I'll get a post up about this soon!) and cook the chicken in your Instant Pot! I just trim chicken breasts and season them with a little salt and pepper (sometimes I'll very quickly sear the outsides on saute mode to make sure the seasonings stick, but often I'll skip that step and they honestly work out great anyway). Then I'll mostly cover the chicken with low-sodium chicken broth. Then cook them on manual (pressure cook on some models) for 10 minutes with a natural release. Then you can just let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes and shred it up!
What to use to dip into healthy buffalo chicken dip?
So many delicious options! One of my favorite things about buffalo chicken dip is that it's just as delicious using veggies as dippers as it is with tortilla chips! My favorites are:
- bell peppers (the cute mini peppers that I used for these photos make amazing scoops)!
- zucchini - this one is particularly great if you need to cool the heat level down a bit, zucchini really does that!
- celery sticks
- tortilla chips - you can use store-bought and count them as a treat swap, or you can make your own tortilla chips in the air fryer or oven!
How to keep 21 Day Fix Buffalo Chicken Dip warm for a party:
The best way is to put it on warm in either a crockpot or an Instant Pot and be sure to give it a stir every now and then.
How to make the Best Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Add the dip base to a small microwavable bowl...
then the shredded chicken...
then the Frank's Red Hot Sauce...
then the Monterey jack cheese. Stir everything together and microwave until hot and melty!
Top with some blue cheese if ya like..
If you guys give this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe a try, please let me know what you think!! You can leave a comment below or tag me on Insta @thefoodieandthefix. Or if you’re in my private Facebook group, I’d love to see a photo of your creation in there! I hope you enjoy ♥
Don’t forget to save this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe to Pinterest! ⇓
- ⅓ cup Healthy Dip Base (click here or scroll down to the dip base recipe card for the dip base recipe)
- ⅓ cup cooked, shredded chicken breasts, chopped a bit if necessary
- 1 ½ Tbs Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (or more, to taste)
- 2 Tbs shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or cheddar if you prefer)
- ½ Tbs crumbled blue cheese (optional – if you don’t like blue cheese, you can always skip it and add an extra ½ Tbs of Monterey jack to your dip!)
- Mix everything but the blue cheese together, microwave until hot and melty (30-40 seconds), stir. Top with the blue cheese crumbles (you can put it back in the microwave for a few seconds if you’d like the blue cheese to get melty, too, it’s up to you!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 1 Red, ½ Blue, 1 Tsp
Weight Watchers Smart Points: Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: about ⅔ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 12g
- 3 ¾ cups Healthy Dip Base (click here or scroll down to the dip base recipe card for the dip base recipe)
- 3 ¾ cups cooked, shredded chicken breasts, chopped a bit if necessary
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or cheddar if you prefer)
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese (optional – if you don’t like blue cheese, you can always skip it and add an extra ⅓ cup of Monterey jack to your dip!)
- Mix everything but the blue cheese together in a large, microwave-safe serving dish.
- Microwave for 45 seconds at a time, stirring after each 45 seconds until hot and melty (about 4-5 minutes depending on your microwave). Stir. Top with the blue cheese crumbles if using (you can put it back in the microwave for a few seconds if you’d like the blue cheese to get melty, too, it’s up to you!
*Feel free to play with the blue cheese/Monterey jack ratio! Sometimes I feel like having extra blue cheese and then I just cut back on the monterey jack! Delish either way!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 1 Red, ½ Blue, 1 Tsp
Weight Watchers Smart Points: Party-Sized Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: about ¾ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 12g
- 3 cups (24 oz) 2% cottage cheese
- ¾ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbs + 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth!
- Stir in the add-ins to the portion you're making. If it's a hot dip, microwave until just hot and melty.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: ⅓ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 7g