This healthy dinner meal plan is full of delicious fall flavors and easy meals that’ll have you looking forward to dinner every single night! Perfect if you’re doing 21 Day Fix, WW, or just want to have some tasty meals planned out for you! Includes a printable grocery list, too!
Hey guys! For the first official week of fall I wanted to put together an awesome meal plan full of fall-inspired favorites and I'm pretty pumped for this one! I mean, is there any better time of year for delish grub?
Also, thank you to the Ohio weather gods for literally starting the perfect autumn temps on the very first day of fall (it was 90 the day before!), getting us here ready for aaallll the soups, stews and other cool-weather goodies.
Hope you all have a great (and delicious) week!
Let's get to it!
And by the way, his healthy meal plan isn't just for 21 Day Fixers and WW peeps, it's also perfect for absolutely anyone trying to eat a little healthier or anyone who just wants some easy, delish dinners all planned out for them!
For my meal preppers!
Here are some great recommendations that you can make on Sunday and eat throughout the week!
- Breakfast: Sausage Gravy - you can have this over biscuits, but I love saving my carb and just having a serving in a bowl that I top with a couple of runny eggs, so so good!
- Lunch: Pear and Butternut Squash Salad with Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette (feel free to customize this, you can leave out the squash if you aren't into it, or add in some chicken for a protein! But guys, that dressing is darn-right drinkable)
- Dessert: NEW! Instant Pot Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Bonus Fall Cocktail: Autumn Apple Bourbon Cocktail (ok, so not a meal prep item, but you'll never feel more like fall is here than when imbibing this deliciousness and I had to include it!)
And if you want some extra help with meal prep, check out this great meal prep post! It’s got loads of great basics (like quinoa and sweet potatoes) that you can batch cook in the Instant Pot, plus some great tips on how to meal plan/prep using your Instant Pot!
And you might be wondering…
What about the weekend?
I don't add weekend meals to these meal plans because I've found that more often than not, we'll have enough leftovers to fill in the two extra days (also sometimes we'll go out to dinner for one of them) and I don't want you guys to end up buying more groceries than you can use.
Around Thursday or so, you can see what you've got left in your fridge and decide if you need anything else to round out the week. A good tip is to always have some frozen ground turkey or chicken in the freezer for last-minute taco meat that you can use to make healthy tacos, taco salad, taco meat stuffed peppers or zucchini, a quick taco soup, or some dinner nachos!
Love this meal plan? Sign up for my weekly emails!
Sign up here for my weekly emails to never miss a new meal plan or a new recipe. Joining my email list will also score you a free daily container tracker for 21 Day Fixers. (hot tip: put your tracker in a page protector and write on it with a dry erase marker so you don’t have to print it out every time 🙂 )
Want to check out previous meal plans? Click here!
And my private Facebook Group!
I’d also love to have you in my private Facebook group! Click here to join The Foodie and The Fix Healthy Recipe Community where we share recipes, healthy eating and cooking ideas and tips plus whatever other fun I dream up!
Ok, let's get to this healthy meal plan!
Serving notes: If you want to get a full red in with this meal, you can double the doublings or add some chicken!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving:
- Soup: 2 ½ Green, ½ Tsp
- Dumplings: ½ Red, ½ Yellow and ⅛ Blue (I don't usually count this small amount, but count it if ya like!)
Weight Watchers Personal Points Link: Italian Vegetable Soup with Ricotta Dumplings
Serving notes: I love serving this with some fall-spiced roasted butternut squash on the side!
Servings: 12 (the leftovers freeze beautifully for later!)
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: ½ Red, ¾ oil tsp, 1 ¾ sweetener teaspoon plus counts for whatever you serve these on (whole wheat buns, sandwich thins, lettuce cups, etc)
Weight Watchers Personal Points Link: Apple Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Serving notes: I usually serve this with some simple roasted carrots with salt, pepper, paprika and dried dill!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 2 sweetener tsp
Weight Watchers Personal Points Link: Instant Pot Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes
Serving notes: I love serving this with mashed potatoes (regular or mashed sweet potatoes would be amazing) and these Crispy Crumb-Topped Instant Pot Green Beans and Artichokes, but any roasted veggie would be great!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 1 Red, 1 Tsp, ¾ Purple drink swap, ¼ Green
Weight Watchers Personal Points Link: Thyme-Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Garam-Masala Cider Sauce
Serving notes: I often serve this one on its own, but some cornbread is always nice, or a salad for some extra veggies!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: ⅔ Red, ½ Yellow, ¾ Green, ½ Blue
Weight Watchers Personal Points Link: Roasted Vegetable White Chicken Chili
Hope you guys have an amazing week!! And if you follow along with this meal plan or make any of the recipes, I’d love to hear from you on social! Your posts, comments and photos of your meals seriously make my life!! You can find me here on my Facebook Page or find/tag me on Instagram @thefoodieandthefix 🙂
Don’t forget to save this fall flavors healthy dinner meal plan to Pinterest!
Print out this week’s meal plan grocery list below!
Monday: Italian Vegetable Soup with Ricotta Dumplings
- Basics: olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
- celery (need ¾ cup)
- carrots (need 1 ¼ cup)
- 1 small onion (need 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini (need 1 cup)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 can tomato paste
- frozen green beans (need 1 ½ cups)
- fresh baby spinach (need 2 cups, packed)
- 2 (32 oz) boxes of vegetable broth
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- small wedge of romano cheese
- ½ cup whole wheat or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 egg
- fresh parsley or basil (optional)
Tuesday: Apple Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 cups cloudy apple cider (you can also substitute Simply Apple Juice)
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 6-8 Tbs pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 lbs chicken thighs, breasts or tenders, trimmed
- 1 (32 oz) box of low-sodium chicken broth
- Seasonings - chili powder, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, pepper
- whatever you'd like to serve them on - lettuce cups, whole grain or gluten-free sandwich thins, buns, English muffins, etc
- Optional ingredients for Green Apple & Brussels Sprout Slaw:
- 3 Tbs 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cup packed, shaved brussels sprouts (from an 8 oz bag)
- 1 large granny smith apple
Wednesday: IP Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes
- about ⅔ cup spicy brown mustard (I like to use my store's generic brand because it's less spicy than the name brands! - I find this to be true of all generic spicy brown mustards)
- about ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbs low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 lb yellow potatoes, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
Thursday: Thyme-Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Garam Masala-Cider Sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 2 ½ lbs total)
- 4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 small cloves of garlic
- 6 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3-4 large shallots (1 ½ cups chopped)
- 6 teaspoon whole wheat pastry flour (or regular whole wheat flour)
- garam masala seasoning
- ¾ cup low-sodium, fat-free beef broth
- 2 ¼ cups apple cider (or if unavailable, refrigerated apple juice, like Simply Apple)
Friday: Roasted Vegetable White Chicken Chili with Avocado
- 1 rotisserie chicken (or 1 - 1 ½ lbs raw chicken breast if you want to cook it yourself)
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 large white onion
- 2 ears of corn (or frozen sweet corn - about 1 cup)
- 2 jalapenos, halved and seeded (optional, just if you want it spicy)
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Seasonings: chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder
- fresh cilantro
- 2 small - medium avocados
- *Don't forget to add any side dish ingredients you might want to your list!