This delicious, 21 Day Fix Banana Split Pudding is here to give you all of the flavors of a traditional banana split without all of the fat and calories (not to mention a lot more nutrition)!
Mmmm... look at that beautiful chocolate sauce. Oh, swoon! I'm swooning! If you think it looks good, just wait until you taste it. No joke, I would take that gorgeous sauce over some Hershey's ANY DAY OF THE FREAKING WEEK. Yes, even the special dark. Seriously, you're going to be pouring this stuff on EVERYTHING. *Side note: if you pour this mixture into a mini muffin liner and stick it in the fridge it will harden up (thank you coconut oil) into a piece of chocolate. It's the bomb.com.
Anyway, when my little sister first started the 21 Day Fix, she was having a hard time eating Greek yogurt. She was just not loving it, to say the least. From being a part of several facebook groups, I've come to know that this is not uncommon. It's definitely not the Yoplait that most of us are used to, is it? Something that perfectly subs for sour cream is clearly a horse of a different color. I understood, because I couldn't really eat it by itself either, not even with a little bit of sweetener, so I had been mashing banana in mine and told her to do the same and then see what she thought. She loved it and it quickly became her new favorite Fix snack. She actually had said to me that she thought it tasted like banana pudding and that started my wheels turning.
Banana pudding was a bit of a stretch for me, but I was thinking that maybe I could make it taste a little more like banana pudding with the addition of some cottage cheese and it worked! Ok, I'm not saying this is going to taste like some Jello banana pudding, but it's darn good. And with all of those wonderful banana split toppings, it's pretty spectacular, not to mention super-fun.
Speaking of super-fun, the kiddos LOVE this one! It makes a great after school snack or a yummy dessert that you can feel good about. Huge bonus! You can make them ahead to have them ready and who doesn't love that?!
- ½ of a large banana, divided
- ¼ cup cottage cheese, 2%
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt,1% (don't sub with non-Greek yogurt or it won't be thick enough!)
- 2 Tbs sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbs chopped pineapple
- 1 Tbs chopped peanuts
- ½ teaspoon melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon maple syrup
- Cut two slices off of your half banana, set aside.
- In a blender, combine the rest of the half banana, cottage cheese and raw sugar. Blend until everything is completely smooth.
- Pour the contents of the blender into your bowl and stir in the Greek yogurt until fully combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together all of the chocolate sauce ingredients until fully combined. Set aside.
- Top your bowl full of "pudding" with the strawberries, pineapple, slices of banana, chopped peanuts and the chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents:
Without Toppings: 1 RED, 1 PURPLE, 1 teaspoon sugar;
With Toppings: 1 RED, 1 ¼ PURPLE, ½ ORANGE, 1 TSP, 1 ¼ teaspoon sugar
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 7 (the same with or without toppings)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.