This pita pizza is so full of fantastic flavor that you might just forget it’s 21 Day Fix – approved! With apples, toasty pecans and a goat-cheese-dressed spinach salad on top… COME ON!! It doesn’t get any better than this!
Ok, so this might be my favorite. My favorite what, you ask? My favorite anything, maybe my favorite anything ever.
This Apple-Goat Cheese Pizza is a riff on an old flame of mine, California Pizza Kitchen’s Pear + Gorgonzola Thin Crust Pizza. Oh, the pears! The Hazelnuts! The caramelized onions! The gorgonzola ranch! The 1,420 calories in a “personal-sized” pizza! – Wait. Whoa. What?!! So even if I cut that sucker in half, it would be over 700 calories (AKA over 2 and a half hours of jumping jacks)? Don’t even get me started on the 34 grams of fat for HALF of that pizza…
Ok, so obviously, I was going to need to switch some things around here if I wanted to eat this while on the Fix. And I did. I REALLY did. I said goodbye to the gorgonzola ranch and hello to some super-simple goat cheese dressing. OMG, I love me some goat cheese. No, seriously. Anyway, I also got rid of the caramelized onions – even though I can make caramelized onions without adding any fat (I’ll work on a tutorial for that really soon, promise!), I left them out of this recipe because, honestly, it was just too much time to put into making a lunch, which is what I had planned on using this recipe for.
In the end, it ended up being a bit of a mash-up between CPK’s pizza and a fruit crostini that I make. I LOVE these flavors and I hope you will, too. I think a pita pizza is a fantastic weekend lunch or even a quick weeknight dinner, not to mention a KID-PLEASER!! I’ve got a million ideas for them, so stay tuned!
Do you have a favorite pizza that you’d like to see fixified? Comment below and let me know!
- 1 whole wheat pita
- 1 1/2 tbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 of a small apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp honey
- 5 pecan halves, roughly chopped (usually I just break them up with my hands)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tbs goat cheese
- 1 tbs water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cover the pita with the mozzarella cheese, leaving the outside edge without to be the crust. Arrange apple slices on top and sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the goat cheese and water until completely smooth. Add your spinach to the bowl and toss until even coated.
- When pizza is done, drizzle with the honey, top with your goat-cheesy spinach and slice!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents: 1 YELLOW, 1/4 PURPLE, 1/2 GREEN, 1 BLUE, 1 TSP HONEY
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 8
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 18g