These healthy dessert recipes are crazy delicious and will definitely curb a sweet tooth! Not to mention that some of them are so easy, they don’t even need a recipe. They’re all low-sugar, 21 Day Fix and Weight Watchers friendly, too!
Hey guys! So do you want to hear something crazy? The average American consumes between 17 and 22 teaspoons of added sugar EVERY SINGLE DAY. <insert brain exploding emoji>
If you’re wondering what’s recommended, it’s no more than 4-6 teaspoons a day (4 if you’re doing the 21 Day Fix). That’s a huge difference. Now I’m not talking about naturally occurring sugars in fruits and things like that. I’m talking about the extra sugar that we add into our diets via sugary drinks and processed foods or even when we put it in our coffee in the morning.
The great thing about these healthy dessert recipes? Not only are they legit delicious, but they all only have around 2 tsp or less per serving. You can not beat it.
Oh, and here’s a hot tip from me to you: If you crave sweets at a certain time of the day (me: at night, EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.), make sure you plan to eat your treat at that time. It makes such a huge difference!
These low-sugar, healthy dessert recipes (I’ve thrown some sweet snacks in here too!) have really helped to keep me on track with the 21 Day Fix (and honestly they just help me to keep my sugar intake down in general, it’s so easy for me to let that get out of hand), and I hope they’ll do the same for you!
No-Recipe Sweet Treats:
- Ricotta & Berries – 3/4 cup of part-skim ricotta, 1/2 – 1 cup of chopped strawberries or other berries, drizzle a teaspoon of honey over everything – aaand maybe even a smidge of coarse salt on top… trust me. (1 Red, 1/2 – 1 Purple, 1 sweetener teaspoon) – also some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips on top is full-on chef’s kiss, just be sure to count them if you use them!
- Apple “Nachos” – 1 tsp PB mixed with 1 tsp honey and drizzled over 1 sliced apple (sometimes I’ll also whisk in a little almond milk to thin it out and it kind of makes this fluffy topping, it’s so good!). You can top this with coconut flakes, nuts or chocolate chips, just be sure to count those! Without the toppings, this is 1 Purple, 1 Tsp, and 1 sweetener teaspoon.
- Banana Pancakes – I know, this sounds like breakfast and of course it can be, but these are so sweet and just all around fantastic, that I make them on the regular as dessert 🙂 Mix together 1/2 of a banana and 1 egg (it’s ok if the batter is a little chunky), cook like you would regular pancakes, just be gentle when flipping. (1 Purple, 1/2 Red) – they’re also great with a little peanut butter on them if you have some teaspoons to spare!
- Chopped fruit mixed with unsweetened coconut flakes – something about the coconut makes fruit feel more dessert-y. (1 Purple, 1 Orange)
- One-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream – You literally put sliced, frozen bananas into a food processor (or high powered blender) and process for a while until it turns into ice cream. It’s magical. This is especially a good one for those of you who get a lot of purple containers to use throughout the day because it doesn’t make a ton with only 1 banana.
If you guys try any of these healthy dessert recipes, please let me know how it went! You can leave a comment below or tag me on Insta @thefoodieandthefix. Or if you’re in my private Facebook group, I’d love to see a photo of your creation in there! I hope you enjoy ♥
Don’t forget to save this list of 21 Day Fix Dessert Recipes to Pinterest! ⇓