These 100-calorie, sweet strawberry cocktails are perfect for Valentine’s day, but easy enough for any night of the week!
Hey guys! Tomorrow is Valentine’s day! Since I want to get this out to you ASAP, I’ll be keeping today’s post short and sweet 🙂
Do you and your SO do it up big for V-day? The hubs and I never really have, no fancy gifts or anything like that. I know you’re going to be really shocked by this, but generally it revolves around food (like the rest of my life). Any gifts given are most likely going to be chocolate in nature with the occasional bouquet of flowers involved 🙂 We usually make some chocolate-covered strawberries and plan a romantic Valentine’s day dinner as well. Ya know, so romantic that we share it with the kids 😉
As far as drinks go, the hubs doesn’t really like wine, but sometimes we’ll get a bottle of champagne. Not this year, though. This year, we’re having these sweet strawberry cocktails. And that chocolate rim! I mean, come on! They’re SOOO delicious and pretty low-cal for a cocktail (only 100 calories!). Ya welcome!
Also, they’re gluten free as long as you pick up a gluten-free vodka. Here’s a great list of gluten free vodkas to check out!
Oh! And if you’re wondering what we’re having for dinner, we decided on steaks with a blue cheese sauce (as requested by the husband), crab cakes, roasted green beans and shallots and whipped sweet potatoes. I was going to make a homemade dessert as well, but realized that I’m going to be at my daughter’s school all day for her V-day party and might be short on time to make it, so we decided to pick one up instead. That’ll be our only off-plan menu item, so not too shabby!
Happy Valentine’s Day, readers! <3
P.S. – How adorable are my cocktail picks?! If you like ’em and want them for yourself, you can get them here! (<– Affiliate link)
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a pic and tag me @thefoodieandthefix or use #thefoodieandthefix on Instagram so I can check it out! It makes me ridiculously happy to see what you guys are making 🙂
Optional chocolate rim:
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1 tsp refined coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 7-8 large strawberries, pureed in a blender ( I use my Ninja cup for this, it's awesome!)
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) whipped cream-flavored, vanilla or plain vodka (if you want these to be gluten-free, be sure to buy a GF vodka, Three Olives is a great one!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
For the optional rim:
- Melt together the almond butter and coconut oil in the microwave (should only take 15-20 seconds or so), add the cocoa powder and syrup, stir together. Pour on a plate, flip your martini glass over and turn it through the sauce until it rims the whole glass, repeat with second glass. Immediately put the glasses in the refrigerator or freezer.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add 1/2 cup of the strawberry puree, the vodka and almond milk. Shake, shake, shake, the strain the contents into your prepared (or not) martini glasses. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: You can count this one of two ways: 1) You can just count it as a Yellow Drink Swap, this works calorie-wise, or if you'd prefer, you can count it as 1/2 Purple, 1 Yellow Drink Swap. If you're using the optional chocolate rim, you will also add 1 tsp to your counts.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 5
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 martini
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 1g