Simple, wholesome ingredients come together to make these fall-flavored 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Oat Cookies so good for you that you could eat them for breakfast!
What’s new, crew? Are you guys looking forward to all of the fall festivities coming up this month? It’s the second day of October, so the girls have only been asking to decorate for Halloween for the last 2-3 weeks or so. Do your kids do the same? They also already have their Halloween costumes because a) they were super excited about them and b) it’s always a good idea to order things ahead when you live in Alaska. True story. I can’t really blame them the kiddos for their enthusiasm, the hubs and I have always loved Halloween too. We’ve been collecting fun, creepy decorations for a while now and the girls LOVE when we get them out. We put the kid’s Halloween music on and make a day of it, it’s a freakin’ good time.
Sooooo… these cookies. The delicious, nutritious, fall-flavored fantasticness of these cookies. Sigh.
Let me break down the ease of these. You’re going to love this – in one bowl, you mash together pumpkin puree, banana, raw sugar, and almond butter, then stir in the spices and oats. Put them on a cookie sheet, sprinkle them with a little more raw sugar and some chopped pecans (which get so beautifully toasty in the oven, by the way) and bake those babies for 15 minutes. That’s it. I mean, you might want to let them cool a minute or two if you can control yourself. Personally, I believe with all my heart that some things are worth the risk.
Anyway, I’ve been making a non-pumpkin version of these for a long time now. My kids LOVE them and with all of those healthy, good-for-you ingredients, I feel good about serving them. In fact, my oldest told me that these were her favorite cookies that I’ve made yet and not to toot my own horn here or anything, but I’m my family’s (not just the fam in my house) chief cookie baker, and I make some damn fine cookies. Just not chocolate chip. But, uh… that’s a story for different day. These have a great, chewy oatmeal cookie texture, but with all the fall flavor you could want from the addition of the pumpkin and the spices.
Anyway, another awesome thing about these cookies is that they take probably 3 minutes to prep and only 15 in the oven. I can’t tell you how many nights my sweet tooth has kicked in and these bad boys have saved the day, because for real, ugly things will go down if that sweet tooth doesn’t get it’s fix. You know what I’m saying.
So just to break it down, these 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Oat Cookies are:
- full of fall loveliness
- gluten free, vegan and vegetarian
- quick and easy
- convenient. You may even have all of the ingredients on hand to make them right now, I usually do.
- extra awesome because 1 serving = 4 cookies, that’s right folks, not one, not two, but FOUR COOKIES
The moral of this story is that you should make these today. Because you love yourself. And if you love anyone else, you should make extra for them.
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a pic and tag me @thefoodieandthefix or use #thefoodieandthefix on Instagram so I can check it out! It makes me ridiculously happy to see what you guys are making 🙂
- 2 Tbs pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 of a large banana
- 2 tsp almond butter or other mild nut butter such as cashew
- 1 1/2 tsp raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or 1/8 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dry old-fashioned oats (be sure to use oats that are labeled gluten free if you're GF!)
- 1/2 tsp raw sugar
- 2 1/2 pecan halves, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-large bowl, mash together the pumpkin puree, banana, almond butter and 1 1/2 Tbs raw sugar (I just use a fork). Stir in the spices and the oats.
- Divide the "dough" into 4 cookies and place on prepared baking sheet. They should each be about 1 1/2 Tbs. Flatten cookies a bit with your hand and then divide the toppings between them.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly if you can manage it because I never can - then enjoy your fall treat 🙂 Every single one of those cookies is just for you!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents per Serving: 1/4 Purple, 1 Yellow, 2 Tsp, 2 sweetener teaspoons
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 7
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 4 Cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 10g