These quick and easy 21 Day Fix Pulled Pork Tacos are perfect for those busy weeknights! They're also gluten free and dairy free, but FULL of flavor!
Hey guys! Remember last Sunday when I posted the SUPER easy Slow-Cooker Southwestern Pulled Pork Tenderloin? Remember how I said that you could use that recipe to make other awesome recipes throughout the week? Well here I am. Just a girl. standing in front of some tacos, asking them to love her.
So yep, this recipe uses the leftover pulled pork (or you could also use shredded chicken if that's what you've got on hand, but I'm telling you... this pork. Anyway, using the leftover pulled pork here, you can LITERALLY have these tacos on your table in 15 minutes. Fifteen. Minutes. Honestly, maybe even 10 if you hustle!
If you've never had pickled veggies on your taco before, you're in for a real treat. I love how it brightens up the super-savory pork and just makes everything happy.
And really, these probably aren't technically pickles because there aren't any actual pickling spices here, but those fresno peppers in there put out so much heat and flavor, that I didn't want to muddy it up (I also didn't have any on hand, so there's that). Btw, these bad boys will last up to 2 months in the fridge, so it doesn't hurt to make extra and have 'em ready to go for next time!
Oh! Here's a fun idea for you! If you ever want to switch things up with these tacos, try tossing the pulled pork with some of my crazy-good Easy Instant Pot Mole Sauce!
Layers of love <3 :
I have so many more delicious ideas to use this pork in and I can't wait to get them up on the blog for you guys! LOVE how having it made ahead is making my weeknights SO much easier!
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a pic and tag me @thefoodieandthefix or use #thefoodieandthefix on Instagram so I can check it out! It makes me ridiculously happy to see what you guys are making 🙂
- ½ of a red onion, sliced
- ½ of a red bell pepper, sliced
- 2-4 fresno chile peppers, seeded and sliced (depending on how much heat you like!)
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup of shredded or chopped lettuce or cabbage
- 3 cups of leftover cooked pulled pork or shredded chicken, heated through
- Entire recipe of pickled veggies
- 1 ⅓ cups mashed avocado (this is usually around 2 small-medium avocados)
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon or lime juice
- Southwest Seasoning (which you can find here) or salt-free taco seasoning
- Bring all pickled veggie ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat. Refrigerate any leftovers (including the liquid that they cooked in).
- Stir the lemon or lime juice into the mashed avocado. Set aside.
- Layer each taco like this (each serving is 2 tacos, btw): corn tortilla, lettuce, ⅓ cup of pork, some of the pickled veggies, 2 ½ tablespoons of the mashed avocado, some southwest seasoning and as much cilantro as you like!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue (not enough Green to count)
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 9
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 Tacos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 17g