This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is my healthy take on the classic family dinner.
YOU GUYS. Have you heard that I went to FREAKING GOOGLE last week?? I went for a conference with my blogger besties and while we learned a lot of great blog-related things… it was such a girl’s weekend at Google! We ate, we drank, we were so damn merry it wasn’t even funny.
We also did a soft-launch of a new joint product while we were all together… but more about that on another day!
Seriously, how cute are they (and our android kit kat buddy)? These ladies are some of the most hard-working, talented, creative and hilarious women I’ve had the pleasure to know. So proud and happy to call them my business partners! That’s me on the left in this pic and if you don’t already know, they are (from left to right) Nancylynn at Confessions of a Fit Foodie, Becca at My Crazy Good Life and Carrie at Carrie Elle. ♥♥♥
Ok, now that I’ve waxed poetic (why do I love that phrase so much?) about my awesome peeps, let’s get back to this 21 Day Fix Instant Pot beef stroganoff!
Is there anything better then using your Instant Pot to make deliciously tender beef (like in this recipe)? Ok, so I don’t really know, the Instant Pot is magical for SO many things, but this is one of my favorites 😉
I’m honestly sitting here wondering what else there is to say about this delicious family dinner, but I feel like you all know what it is. It’s creamy, it’s belly-filling, it’s the kind of classic comfort food that we all love and I think you should go make it. I’d say that about covers it!
My family really enjoyed this one, I hope yours does, too!
If you make this 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff, be sure to snap a pic and tag me @thefoodieandthefix or use #thefoodieandthefix on Instagram so I can check it out! It makes me ridiculously happy to see what you guys are making 🙂
*Instant Pot Note!: This recipe has only been tested in the Instant Pot 6 quart duo – If you have an 8 qt, you may need to add more liquid. Haven’t gotten your Instant Pot yet? Get yours here: Instant Pot 6 qt Duo (affiliate link)
**Recipe note: I’ve updated this recipe to include directions on cooking the pasta right in the Instant Pot (why on Earth didn’t I do that in the first place?!
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 6 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 16 oz)
- 1 Tbs dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 3/4 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste - I like a lot in mine!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs sherry wine (not cooking sherry! I recommend Taylor brand)
- 3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 lbs of beef, trimmed and sliced very thin against the grain into bite-sized pieces (I've used beef chuck roast, eye of round and flank steak and they all came out great!) - once trimmed, this usually ends up being about 2 lbs of meat
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles (8 oz)
- Using the saute function on your Instant Pot, melt the butter in the insert, then saute the onions and mushrooms, seasoning with the salt, pepper, dried dill and thyme for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms start to cook down. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the sherry and Worcestershire, making sure to get up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot with your spoon. Stir in the meat. Close the lid, set to meat/stew setting for 15 minutes, when it beeps let it naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes, then you can release the rest of the pressure and open the lid.
- Add the dry pasta to the pot and stir everything together. Put the lid back on and set on manual for 1 minute. When it's finished, you can quickly release the pressure. Stir in the Greek yogurt. (The noodles that are on top will look a little dry before stirring in the yogurt, they'll be completely fine once everything gets stirred together!).
- Check your seasonings in case you want to add a little more of anything and enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents per Serving: 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow (for egg noodles) - I didn't include the tsp because it was too little to count.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 8
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 12g
Save this 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff to Pinterest! ↓