This simple 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Beef Stew is so easy and comforting on cold winter nights. No-yellows, Gluten free and dairy free, too!
Hey guys! What's new with you? Bored, right? Just tons of free time on your hands, whiling away the hours watching Christmas movies and sipping hot cocoa I bet. Your life definitely hasn't been crazy chaotic or anything, it being December and all. You certainly couldn't use a super comforting, tender and healthy beef stew that takes just minutes to prepare, a handful of items from the grocery store and is on your table in under an hour, could you?
Ok, so the sarcasm was strong with this one. #Sorry
I don't know about you, but I always have at least one point in December when the holidays have me in overwhelm mode. Today was that day (it's Friday as I write this). I won't bore you with the details, but on top of all the things, today was our day for making homemade ornaments for our family members. Which, to clarify, I LOVE, but it's an all evening affair (if not several evenings), and like I said, I was already feeling pretty damn overwhelmed and had to figure out dinner.
I'll be honest, I almost said "eff this" and ordered a pizza, but I didn't. I'm proud to say that I made this much healthier hug-in-a-bowl instead. This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Beef Stew is so quick and easy, that I was able to pick up the ingredients on my way home from picking up the kids after school, work on our project and STILL eat at a reasonable hour. To my slow-cooker: put that in your pipe and smoke it. The Instant Pot is magic.
This is just one of those easy, homey meals that every family member will love and so perfect for those busy, overwhelming days. Meals like this let you take a break, take a deep breath, and relax - I love that. Oh, and did I mention that there are NO YELLOWS in sight? Nope, not a one! So you can either have a no-yellow dinner or add a glass of well-deserved wine or a great piece of crusty bread. And people, it just doesn't get any better than that.
Don't have an Instant Pot yet? Click here to check it out on Amazon! (affiliate link)
If you make this healthy Instant Pot Beef Stew be sure to snap a pic and tag me @thefoodieandthefix on Instagram so I can check it out! It makes me ridiculously happy to see what you guys are making 🙂
Just FYI - this recipe has only been tested in the Instant Pot 6 quart duo - If you have an 8 qt, you may need to add more liquid.
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast, well trimmed and cut into 1" cubes (if you buy the pre-cubed stew meat, great! That's what I do. Just cut any extra large chunks in half)
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 8 oz whole mushrooms
- 2 cups celery, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large onion, halved, then sliced
- ½ cup tomato juice (or canned tomato sauce)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup tomato puree (or canned tomato sauce)
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- Put all of the stew ingredients into the pot, put the lid on and set on manual for 35 minutes. When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then turn the pressure knob to quick release.
- When you release the pressure (if it hasn't already released) stir together the tomato puree and the cornstarch and add them to the pot, turn on the saute function and heat through until thickened. Check the seasoning (I almost always end up adding more black pepper) and serve!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents per Serving: 1 ½ Red, 1 Green
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 6
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 20g
Though I strive to get you the most accurate nutrition information possible, it may not always be 100% accurate.
Save this 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Beef Stew to Pinterest! ⇓