This simple 21 Day Fix creamed spinach is so full of flavor, no one will think for a minute that it’s healthy, but it is!
Hey friends! Did you have the best, most awesomely fabulous Turkey Day ever? Or was there a heated political “discussion” while someone ominously wielded a large carving knife (ya know, for the turkey)? Either way, I’m here for ya. Btw, don’tcha just love how a big holiday gathering comes just a few weeks after election day?! Seriously, who made that decision?
Aaaanyway, even though we couldn’t travel the 4,000 or so miles home to Ohio to see our big ol’ family, my little fam was lucky enough to attend a friendsgiving for this year (shout out to our hosts Sha and Keith, you guys are so awesome!) and it was a really fun, delicious, relaxing time. I hope yours was as well (and then you got lots of great deals on Friday, right?! Boom!).
Ok, folks. Shall we talk spinach? Shall we talk ooey gooey, garlicky, drool-worthy 21 Day Fix creamed spinach? Shall we talk about how I never thought I’d use the term “drool-worthy” and “spinach” in the same sentence?
Naah. You get me.
If you’ve ever had my Cheesy Spinach, Ham & Egg Cups, then you’ve already tasted this fantasticness. Every time I make those egg cups (which are crazy-amazing, btw), I think to myself “This would be the MOST delicious spinach side of all time. I should really write it up on the blog as a side dish with the proper 21 Day Fix container counts and such.” So I did. And it’s awesome.
Let’s run down how ridiculously easy this one is, shall we?
- Blend together some cottage cheese and Greek yogurt, set aside.
- Spray a medium-large saute pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook the green onions and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the thawed, drained spinach and heat through.
- Stir in the cottage cheese and yogurt mixture and the cheese and heat through.
Simple! 5 Easy steps and one of them was “eat”. You can’t beat it.
I hope you guys love this one, it’s basically the only way my kids will eat spinach!
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a pic and tag me @thefoodieandthefix or use #thefoodieandthefix on Instagram so I can check it out! It makes me ridiculously happy to see what you guys are making 🙂
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (2%)
- 2 Tbs plain Greek yogurt (1%)
- 2 cups green onions, thinly sliced
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 oz) boxes of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry in a clean kitchen towel
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese (or any cheese that you like, sharp cheddar would be great, too!)
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- In a blender, blend together the cottage cheese and Greek yogurt until completely smooth, set aside.
- Spray a medium sauté pan with cooking spray and heat to medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until tender. Stir in the spinach and heat through. Once hot, remove from heat and stir in the blended cottage cheese mixture, the shredded cheese, a little bit of salt and as much hblack pepper as you like. Serve!
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 1/2 Green, 1/2 Blue
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 3
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 8g