These fancy little devils are deliciously decadent, but only have about half of the fat and calories as the traditional variety! Don’t you just love when an appetizer is tasty, easy, healthy and gorgeous?
Who’s ready for Easter this weekend?? Honestly, we’ve been so busy lately (which seems to be an annoying running theme in my recent posts, sorry peeps!) that it’s sort of snuck up on me. I haven’t really made a meal plan, except for the couple of things that I mentioned in my 21 Day Fix Easter Dinner post… probably since it’s just going to be the four of us this year, there’s no real sense of urgency. I’m actually thinking about taking the kiddos to the zoo that day, just a little “I’m sorry we can’t be with the rest of our family this holiday” gift to all of us. 🙂
Oh, and these eggs. Because these cuties are happening for Easter (probably all weekend really). I got the idea for these fancy schmancy little devils when I originally made my Best-Ever Healthy Caesar Dressing. Once I had gotten that recipe juuust right, I thought to myself, “this kind of reminds me of homemade lemon-y mayo and it is SO good!!” Having already attempted making deviled eggs with Greek yogurt and mustard when I first started the Fix (and HATING them), this was the first thing to spring to mind and it WORKED! Beautifully, I might add. That glorious Caesar dressing makes the tastiest, most flavorful and rich deviled eggs you’ve ever had. My whole family loved them.
Even the kids.
Because apparently, even though they won’t usually even look at something with black pepper on it, the lure of the deviled egg draws us all.
Speaking of the kids, since I had a few batches of these babies to test out last week, we colored our eggs early this year! Quick story (feel free to skip to the recipe, I’ll still love you): Last year, we had bought an egg coloring kit that came with stickers to make faces and what appeared to be troll doll hair (you remember those, right?) aaaand… we never used it. We went home to see our family last year and we just didn’t get around to it.
I found said kit last week and thought we would use it since we had it. Let’s just say that it was… aged. Most of the stickers didn’t want to come off of the backing, so we just ripped them off and hot glued them to the eggs. Just kidding. We made some powdered sugar “glue” which was needed to get the hair on anyway and made it happen. You can see our results above… I think the kids liked using the “glue” better anyway 🙂
I hope you and yours have a wonderful Easter (and I hope you make these deviled eggs)!
- 10 large, hard-boiled eggs (I love using my Instant Pot for this!)
Best-Ever Healthy Caesar Dressing:
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese (1% or 2%)
- 1 Tbs plain Greek yogurt (1% or non-fat)
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 anchovy filets (3 if they're small), use a paper towel to try to pat most of the oil off
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- some cracked black pepper if you like (I put about two cranks from my peppermill in)
- finely chopped romaine
- extra cracked black pepper
Make the dressing:
- Put all ingredients into a blender and buzz away for a couple of minutes or until it's super-smooth.
Make the deviled eggs:
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and put the yolks in a bowl. Add all of the Caesar dressing and whisk away until you get the smoothness you want. If you want it to be completely smooth, you could use a hand-mixer, but I just used what my mama gave me and it worked out just fine!
- Divide the yolk mixture between all of the egg whites (you can use a piping bag if you like, but i didn't today), garnish with the romaine and extra black pepper and enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents per Serving: You can count this one of two ways: either as 1/2 Red and 1/2 Orange, or 1/2 Red and 1 Teaspoon.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 1
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 whole egg (2 halves with filling)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 8g